Did you know that there are fruits that make you thin ? Anyone who wants to lose weight should know that there are no miracles, everything depends on a slow process of dietary re-education, coupled with physical exercise and healthy habits in general. However, the consumption of some fruits can help in the weight loss process in a more natural and pleasurable way. After all, fruits are extremely tasty and attractive, in addition to being very good for your health.
According to nutritionist Dayene Cunha, the ideal for those seeking to lose weight is to consume fruits with a lower glycemic index . This index means precisely the time that food takes to transform into sugar in our blood.
6 fruits that help you lose weight
Want to know what these fruits are? Check below, six fruits indicated by the specialist that help with weight loss, in addition to being rich in nutrients:
- Strawberry – Rich in vitamins B5, vitamin C, iron, potassium and fiber. Strawberry is widely used in the slimming process. It is a diuretic and aids in digestion.
- Raspberry – Rich in vitamins A, B1, B5, C, iron, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium.
- Pear – Rich in vitamins A, the B complex, vitamin C, silicon, iron, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, potassium and fiber. Helps in the treatment of intestinal diseases.
- Apple – Rich in B vitamins , vitamin C , vitamin E, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, copper and zinc, and pectin. It is effective in treating obesity, intestinal and digestive problems. Its bark has nutrients, antioxidants and substances that prevent the proliferation of cancer cells.
- Raw plum – Rich in potassium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, calcium, beta-carotene, fiber and vitamins C and E. Juice is a powerful antioxidant.
- Uva Verde – Rich in vitamins B and C, potassium and carotenes. It is vitalizing and a powerful antioxidant.
Since we’ve listed fruits that help with the weight loss process, many people also want to know which fruits have the opposite effect. About this, Dayene says: “when we talk about weight loss, we cannot condemn any type of food in isolation. Therefore, no fruit will help with weight gain. What has to be taken into account is the individual’s entire feeding routine”.
Guidelines for fruit consumption
“The consumption of fruits must be well distributed in a healthy and balanced eating routine. For healthy individuals, it is recommended to consume 3 to 5 servings of fruit daily” , recommends Dayene.
In addition, some people have doubts about the correct way to consume the fruits, whether it should be through juices or just plain. On this, the nutritionist explains that it depends: “some fruits are good to be consumed in their entirety. For those looking to lose weight, for example, it is recommended to eat the orange with the bagasse and avoid drinking the juice, due to the high concentration of fructose. As for other less caloric fruits such as lemon , passion fruit and red fruits , the use of juice can be used without major restrictions”, she advises.
What are the benefits of including fruits in the diet?
According to Dayene, fruits are fundamental parts of a healthy diet. They provide vitamins, minerals, various dietary fibers , protective compounds that help regulate the body and antioxidants that are essential nutrients in protecting cells.
Another very important benefit of fruits is that they have a large amount of water in their composition, helping to hydrate the body. In addition, they do not have the so-called bad cholesterol (LDL) and are extremely versatile, and can be consumed in different ways, in sweet or savory dishes, with or without the skin.
In addition to bringing more health and balance to the body, consuming fruit regularly also helps prevent many diseases.
Other tips for those who want to lose weight
As has been said before, it is no use thinking that there is only one miracle formula for weight loss. Also, don’t think about starting fad and very strict diets, which tend to be very painful and even dangerous for your health, especially if they are done on your own and without medical advice. Therefore, follow now other fundamental recommendations of nutritionist Dayene Cunha to lose weight in a healthy and safe way:
- Prioritize the consumption of fresh foods , that is, in their natural form, such as: legumes, vegetables, whole grains, seeds, lean meats, a source of good fats;
- Avoid industrialized products , they contain a lot of sugar, sodium and preservatives in their composition;
- Include fiber consumption in your diet, as they help with intestinal transit;
- Daily water consumption must be adequate – on average 35 ml of water/kg of individual weight;
- Have certain times to have meals;
- A good night’s rest is essential! Ideally, you should get 6 to 8 hours of sleep a night;
- Practice exercise regularly;
- Always reserve space in your routine for moments and leisure, this helps to reduce stress and anxiety, which often lead to binge eating.
Finally, having a healthy diet, where fruits are present, is extremely important for the body. Thus, through the intake of vitamins and other nutrients, our bodies are able to defend themselves against diseases and viruses. Therefore, it is necessary to keep in mind that our health starts with the mouth, that is, having a balanced diet and with proper medical supervision is the best way to prevent future concerns.