The keto diet works on a relatively simple principle: it gives the body a high-fat diet, forcing it to “burn” it, not keep it off.
Of course, the starter allowed in this keto diet is healthy, never from fried foods or fast food.
Have you exhausted all the methods of losing weight and no longer know what to do?
The keto diet relies on fat to induce the state of ketosis, which occurs when glucose is lacking in the body.
According to experts, this keto diet is orchestrated by blood sugar, insulin and glucan, so it occurs either on an empty stomach or following this diet.
To get into ketosis, you need not give up carbohydrates and consume a small amount of protein. So, find out what foods are allowed on your keto diet below:
- meat, sausages, foie gras
- fish and shellfish, including fatty fish species
- cheese, butter, sour cream
- walnut oil, rapeseed, olives, coconut
- avocado, olives, almonds, walnuts, pistachios
- vegetables (150 g / table)
- slightly sweet fruit (50 g / day): lemon, red fruit, papaya, watermelon
- dark chocolate with more than 85% cocoa.
- During the ketogenic diet, the consumption of:
- bread, cakes, cereals, cookies
- pasta, rice, potatoes, wheat, corn, quinoa, buckwheat
- fast food
- chocolate with less than 85% cocoa, sweets, jam, honey
- fruits, except slightly sweet
- juices, except those containing 0% sugar
- Install the app on your smartphone and use it offline
Table of Contents
Keto Breakfast Recipes
Eggs with smoked salmon, cheese and dill
Keto diet menu: ingredients for 12 servings.
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1/2 cup smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 chopped red onion
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease a skillet with room-temperature butter.
In a bowl, beat the eggs, add the milk and season with salt and pepper. Stir in half the amount of dill, the other half set aside.
Put the beaten egg mixture in the skillet already greased with butter. Arrange pieces of smoked salmon and Cream Cheese on the tray.
Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 15 to 17 minutes until the eggs are set.
Cut the preparation into 12 equal pieces and serve them with onions and fresh dill.
Asparagus salad with avocado and eggs
Keto diet menu: Ingredients for two servings:
- 20 asparagus sticks
- One tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups arugula
- ½ Aguacate
- Two eggs
For the dressing:
- Two tablespoons of olive oil
- Three teaspoons of lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash and dry the asparagus sticks, then cut them into 3-4 cm pieces.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the asparagus sticks seasoned with salt and pepper. After cooking for 2-4 minutes, remove the asparagus sticks to a plate.
Bring a saucepan to a boil and prepare the eggs with the desired consistency.
Mix olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper to prepare the dressing.
Put all the ingredients for the salad, including the chopped avocado, the half-cut eggs and the sauce.
Eggs with currant and cinnamon, baked
- Ingredient: 6 eggs
- Two tablespoons melted butter
- One teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ cup of currant
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- One tablespoon of coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. In a saucepan, put over low heat, melt the coconut oil.
In a bowl, beat the eggs with the butter, cinnamon and vanilla essence. After 1-2 minutes, the eggs will become fluffy. You can cook the egg mixture in a hot saucepan for about 2 minutes.
Add the gooseberries to the surface of the egg-based mixture and place the saucepan in the oven, where you will let the eggs ripen for about 15-20 minutes – until they get a golden crust. Remove the pan from the oven and let the preparation to cool slightly.
My name is Ellie Lauderdale, MD and I am USA based professional Nutritionist .
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and board certified specialist in sports dietetics who is trained in integrative medicine. I have worked with hundreds of clients, from those suffering with chronic disease to professional and olympian athletes. My goal is to help optimize you from the inside so that you can feel, perform, and look your best on the outside.