The Oshawa diet is simple but challenging to implement: it requires eating Yang wheat, whole rice, buckwheat, rye, barley, oat or millet cereals for ten days.
You have tried various diets so far, and nothing has worked. We propose a method that helps in the fight against diseases caused by excess yin energy and balances us from an energetic point of view.
This Oshawa diet is perhaps the most severe, but at the same time, also the most effective of those proposed by Dr. George Oshawa (founder of macrobiotics).
Table of Contents
Where does the Oshawa diet come from?
The founder of this method to lose weight is George Ohsawa, born in Japan under the name of Nyoichi Sakurazawa; in October 1893, he moved to Europe and began to write under a different name.
George Oshawa is the best known of them due to the Oshawa diet that bears his name, which later became popular with the help of one of his disciples.
Michio Kushi, which we will talk about later in this article.
He defined health according to the following criteria: lack of fatigue, good appetite, restful sleep, observer’s memory, good sense of humour, thoughts and actions with precise goals, and last but not least, gratitude.
It is a method based on principles and ideas about food, derived from Buddhism and a means of balancing the life and health of the individual, distributing food according to their inclination to yin or yang.
This is done by reducing the consumption of animal products eating locally grown foods and in moderation.
Oshawa diet principles:
The Oshawa diet lasts for ten days but can be repeated after a break of at least one week. Only four types of food are allowed, wheat, rice, millet and buckwheat – plus sea salt.
The only liquid allowed is water, so you must eliminate coffee, tea and other beverages to protect the environment. The cereals mentioned above are in the middle of the yin-yang scale, so they are neutral, and their exclusive consumption will also return our balance to a more neutral point during the ten days.
- This method is based on the fact that we must eat food that perfectly balances the environment, thus avoiding all diseases.
- The Oshawa diet should be adapted to each season; you should only eat foods prepared on fire in the cold season.
- It is necessary to eat only natural food.
- The Oshawa diet is good to have the following composition: 70% to 90% of the food is represented by cereals.
How does this slimming regimen work?
It cleanses the body of impurities and frees the energy pathways of the body, allowing the flow of energy. It creates considerable cleanliness and clarity of the mind, improves digestion, and regulates hormonal secretions.
Duration of the Oshawa regime:
A 10-day cure, with the possibility of repetition with breaks of 3 to 5 days.
During the ten days, only yang energy cereals (rice, wheat, millet, buckwheat) should be consumed, boiled, ground or in oats (it is prepared as polenta) in any combination or quantity; the only ingredient allowed is salt.
Permissible liquids: tap or spring water.
Advantages: they lose about 7 kg in 10 days.
Health benefits of the Oshawa diet:
Being a complex method but with many benefits, it is essential to review them. Therefore, the most challenging diet in the world becomes more manageable once we look at all these positive aspects of it:
Lose 7 kg in 10 days with the Oshawa diet
- Weight Loss: An overweight body is the expression of a disorderly lifestyle; therefore, by following the Oshawa diet, you will lose weight due to the balance of the yin-yang relationship.
- Detoxification: The elimination of toxins is vital to allow the body to function effectively, and this method is highly detoxifying, which is why many use it for this benefit.
- Cure chronic or incurable diseases: There are several cases where people have been cured with the help of this method, and due to the balance of yin-yang, the body has the power to heal; some argue that this method has also cured them of cancer.
Other notable benefits like :
- The appearance of energy, vitality and excellent results in the body balance are restored.
- It is recommended for those with Yin energy imbalances and chronic illnesses.
- Improves control over the vital and sexual energy
- Some cases of early impotence or impotence caused by excessive consumption of alcohol or narcotics, diabetes or cancer have been resolved.
- Attention! Some adverse physiological reactions can occur due to intense purification and massive body detoxification, but they will disappear quickly. These reactions only occur in cases of enormous detoxification.
Recipes with cereals for the Oshawa regimen
I wheat pancakes
Ingredients: 500 G of clean wheat, one teaspoon of coarse salt, 150 ml of water.
Preparation: finely grind the wheat (with an electric grinder or with a homemade grouting mill), obtaining the whole flour, from which the coca is made with water and salt. Leave for 30 minutes, then make the cakes baked in the pan without oil over low heat.
II. Wheat patty with boiled rice
Ingredients: 500 g of whole wheat flour, 200 G of rice, one teaspoon of coarse salt.
Preparation: Prepare coca with warm water and whole wheat salt, and brown the rice separately with a bit of salt. Spread the dough with a trowel to get a cake sheet, but slightly thicker than the dough.
Put the boiled rice in the middle and roll the cake sheet. Sprinkle whole wheat flour on the tray, place three rolls and bake on fire for 10-20 minutes. Cut into thick slices and eat in 7-10 hours.
III. Paella simple
Ingredients: 100 G of rice, 300 ml of water, 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt.
Preparation: wash the rice well and bring it to a blonde with water and salt in a Cast Iron Bowl over moderate heat for 20 minutes.
To come to your aid, we recommend an online store with a special section dedicated to Oshawa.
The information in this article and any medical advice contained in this material is for informational purposes. Results are not typical, may vary from individual to individual, and may depend on individual lifestyle, health, and other factors.
My name is Ellie Lauderdale, MD and I am USA based professional Nutritionist .
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and board certified specialist in sports dietetics who is trained in integrative medicine. I have worked with hundreds of clients, from those suffering with chronic disease to professional and olympian athletes. My goal is to help optimize you from the inside so that you can feel, perform, and look your best on the outside.