The Oshawa diet is apparently simple, but very difficult to implement: it requires you to eat Yang wheat, whole rice, buckwheat, rye, barley, oat or millet cereals for 10 days.
You have tried various diets so far and nothing has worked. We propose a method that helps in the fight against diseases caused by excess yin energy and balances us from an energetic point of view.
This Oshawa diet is perhaps the most severe, but at the same time also the most effective of those proposed by Dr. George Oshawa (founder of macrobiotics).
Where does the Oshawa diet come from?
The founder of this method to lose weight is George Ohsawa, who was born in Japan, under the name of Nyoichi Sakurazawa, in October 1893, he moved to Europe and began to write under a different name.
George Oshawa is the best known of them due to the Oshawa diet that bears his name, and which, later, became popular with the help of one of his disciples.
Michio Kushi, which we will talk about later in this article.
He defined health according to the following criteria: lack of fatigue, good appetite, restful sleep, observer’s memory, good sense of humor, thoughts and actions with precise goals, and last but not least, gratitude.
What is a macrobiotic diet ?
It is a method that is based on principles and ideas about food, derived from Buddhism and a means of balancing the life and health of the individual, distributing food according to their inclination to yin or yang.
This is done by reducing the consumption of animal products, eating locally grown foods and in moderation.
Oshawa diet principles:
The Oshawa diet lasts for 10 days, but can be repeated as needed, after a break of at least one week. Only 4 types of food are allowed, wheat, rice, millet and buckwheat – plus sea salt.
The only liquid allowed is water, so you will have to eliminate coffee, tea and other beverages, all in favor of protecting the environment. The cereals mentioned above are in the middle of the yin-yang scale, so they are neutral, and their exclusive consumption will also return our balance to a more neutral point during the 10 days.
- This method is based on the fact that we have to eat food that is in perfect balance with the environment, thus avoiding all diseases.
- The Oshawa diet should be adapted to each season, only in the cold season should you eat foods that are prepared on fire.
- It is necessary to eat only natural food.
- The Oshawa diet is good to have the following composition: 70% to 90% of the food to be represented by cereals.
How does this slimming regimen work?
Cleanses the body of impurities, frees the energy pathways of the body, allowing the flow of energy. Creates considerable cleanliness and clarity of the mind, improves digestion, regulates hormonal secretions.
Duration of the Oshawa regime:
A 10-day cure, with the possibility of repetition with breaks of 3 to 5 days.
During the ten days, only yang energy cereals (rice, wheat, millet, buckwheat) should be consumed, boiled, ground or in the form of oats or oats (it is prepared as polenta), in any combination or quantity, the only ingredient allowed is the salt.
Permissible liquids: tap or spring water.
Advantages: they lose about 7 kg in 10 days.
Health benefits of the Oshawa diet:
Being a difficult method, but with many benefits, it is important to review them, therefore, the most difficult diet in the world becomes easier once we look at all these positive aspects of it:
Lose 7 kg in 10 days with the Oshawa diet
- Weight Loss: An overweight body is the expression of a disorderly lifestyle, therefore, by following the Oshawa diet, you will lose weight as a result of the balance of the yin-yang relationship.
- Detoxification: The elimination of toxins is vital to allow the body to function effectively, and this method is highly detoxifying, which is why many use it for this benefit.
- Cure chronic or incurable diseases: There are several cases where people have been cured with the help of this method and due to the balance of yin-yang; the body has the power to heal, some argue that this method has also cured them of cancer.
Other notable benefits like :
- Appearance of energy and vitality, excellent results in the body balance is restored.
- Recommended for those with Yin energy imbalances and those with chronic illnesses.
- Improves control over vital and sexual energy
- Some cases of early impotence or impotence caused by excessive consumption of alcohol or narcotics, diabetes or cancer have been resolved
- Attention! Some adverse physiological reactions can occur due to intense purification and massive detoxification of the body, but they will disappear in a very short time. These reactions only occur in cases of massive detoxification.
Recipes with cereals for the Oshawa regimen
I wheat pancakes
Ingredients: 500 G of clean wheat, 1 teaspoon of coarse salt, 150 ml of water.
Preparation: finely grind the wheat (with an electric grinder or with a homemade grouting mill), obtaining the whole flour, from which a coca is made with water and salt. Leave for 30 minutes, then make the cakes, which are baked in the pan without oil, over low heat.
II. Wheat patty with boiled rice
Ingredients: 500 g of whole wheat flour, 200 G of rice, 1 teaspoon of coarse salt.
Preparation: prepare a coca with warm water and whole wheat salt and brown the rice separately with a little salt. Spread the dough with a trowel to get a cake sheet, but slightly thicker than the dough.
Put the boiled rice in the middle and roll the cake sheet. Sprinkle some whole wheat flour on the tray, place 3 rolls and bake on fire for 10-20 minutes. Cut into thick slices and eat in 7-10 hours.
III. Paella simple
Ingredients: 100 G of rice, 300 ml of water, 1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt.
Preparation: wash the rice well and bring to a blonde with water and salt in a Cast Iron Bowl, over moderate heat, 20 minutes.
To come to your aid, we recommend an online store that has a special section dedicated to Oshawa here .
The information in this article and any medical advice contained in this material is for informational purposes. Results are not typical, may vary from individual to individual, and may depend on individual lifestyle, health, and other factors.