As its name indicates, this third Phase aims to consolidate the lost weight and ensure that the lost kilos are not recovered. The duration of this Phase is set at an average of 10 days for each kilogram lost, and the good news is that it is designed to avoid the “rebound effect”; that is, the body does not regain the lost kilos.
Table of Contents
Foods allowed in this Phase
In this Consolidation Phase of the Dukan Diet, in addition to all the foods from the previous phases, it is allowed to eat starch, whole wheat bread, fruit and cheese, plus some gala meals.
It is possible to eat almost everything during the week except Thursdays, which are dedicated to the exclusive consumption of pure proteins. Hence it is called “PP Thursday” and acts as a control to maintain the Right Weight.
Also, in this Phase, two gala meals a week, not two days, are allowed, including foods that are not allowed with the limit of one serving. These gala meals cannot be done in a row, so if one is taken on a Monday, the other can only be taken on a Wednesday or Thursday.
However, despite greater freedom, it is also necessary to follow a particular order and some rules that are detailed below:
- Fruit: 1 piece of fruit daily except nuts, bananas, grapes or cherries.
- Bread: 2 slices of whole wheat bread per day. They can be eaten whenever you want, alone or with protein.
- Cheese: 1 Portion (40 grams) of cheese a day and it is possible to eat cheeses that are not low in fat or skimmed but avoid fermented ones such as blue cheese or camembert.
- Starches: Up to 2 servings per week (220grs.) of starchy foods such as cooked pasta or semolina, whole wheat grains, polenta, brown rice, or lentils are allowed and prohibited starches include white rice and potatoes.
- Pure protein day: In this third Phase, only pure proteins can be consumed one day. Therefore, that day will be set, considering the importance of a designed weekly plan and respecting that day to avoid the rebound effect.
Something important is that once the weight loss plan is finished, it is recommended to continue with the entire day of pure proteins to avoid gaining weight again.
Consolidation Phase Menu
For the days in which only pure proteins should be eaten, it is possible to take as an example the menu proposed for the Attack Phase, while for the rest of the days, the rules described must be taken into account, and a menu such as the following must be followed:
|Coffee with skim milk.
|Whole wheat bread.
|Unsweetened green tea.
|Natural skimmed yogurt with kiwi pieces.
|Aubergine stuffed with chicken breast and Emmental cheese
|Grilled chicken breast.
|Salmon fillet with pepper.
My name is Ellie Lauderdale, MD and I am USA based professional Nutritionist .
I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and board certified specialist in sports dietetics who is trained in integrative medicine. I have worked with hundreds of clients, from those suffering with chronic disease to professional and olympian athletes. My goal is to help optimize you from the inside so that you can feel, perform, and look your best on the outside.