For several years we have seen it among the best diets in the world, it is considered one of the most effective weight loss plans but it is also healthy, we refer to the Dash diet , distinguished by its effectiveness when it comes to losing weight.
But why, according to doctors, is the DASH regimen the healthiest? . The answer has been given by the doctors of the National Institutes of Health, who consider it a perfect plan to lose weight. It has achieved 3 points of the 5 that make up the category “Weight Loss Efficacy” and 4.8 points of the 5 specified in the category “Health benefits”.
DASH diet, food quality and not quantity
Doctors who affirm that the DASH regimen is the healthiest also emphasize that this diet is based on the quality of food and not quantity, a basic rule that also includes good hydration, recommending drinking up to two liters of liquid a day.
Another interesting point of the DASH Diet to lose weight is that it should be eaten five times a day and the weight of each serving of food cannot exceed 215 grams, while sweets should be restricted to no more than five times a week.
Among the foods to be given preference when designing each menu are:
- Low-fat beef.
Drinks are all allowed, including coffee, fruit juices and herbal teas, with the exception of sparkling water and alcoholic beverages.
The mandatory reduction of salt intake is another factor that makes the DASH Diet considered healthy, in addition to the complete elimination of cold cuts, fatty foods, pickles, fish and canned meats, pastries and cakes.
DASH diet: Balanced, easy to do and healthy
The DASH Diet is balanced because the meal plan has all the important nutrients for the body such as calcium, potassium, proteins, fiber, which are responsible for the functioning of the internal organs as well as the brain, hair health and the skin.
It is easy to do because it is only necessary to form each menu with the allowed foods and leave out others, reducing the salt in the meals.
In addition, doctors affirm that DASH is a healthy diet because it has been developed for people who need to lose weight and then always control their diet so as not to gain the lost kilos.
Being a balanced diet, the DASH Diet promises not to go hungry, to enjoy varied and tasty menus.
How to put together the daily menu of the DASH Diet
It is easy to put together the daily menu of the Dash diet since it is only necessary to take into account the following parameters:
- Cereals : up to 7 servings a day, (1 serving is = 1 slice of bread or ½ cup of cooked rice or ½ cup of cooked pasta).
- Fruits : up to 5 servings a day, (1 serving = 1 fruit, 1/4 cup of prunes and the like, 1/2 glass of juice).
- Low-fat dairy: between 2 and 3 servings a day, (1 serving is = 50 g of fresh cheese or 150 ml of milk).
- Protein : 200 grams of lean meat, fish or eggs.
- Vegetables : 5 servings a day (1 serving is = ½ cup of cooked vegetables).
- Seeds, beans and nuts: 5 servings per week (1 serving is = 40 grams).
- Animal and vegetable fats: 3 servings a day (1 serving is = 1 teaspoon of olive oil or flax seed).
- Sweets : maximum 5 times a week (1 teaspoon of jam or honey).
- Liquid : 2 liters a day (the variants are water, green tea or fresh fruit juices).
Developed specifically for people with hypertension problems, the DASH Diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) has been transformed into a balanced and healthy plan to reduce cholesterol, heart failure and lose weight, characteristics for which it is recognized as one of the best diet today.